Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Trevi Fountain


I was looking through my Splash watercolor book that I got for Christmas (and just now unpacked). I loved a painting someone did of Bernini's "Triumph".


I was inspired to paint something similar. Luckily my mother had some photos of the Trevi fountain from a trip she took years ago. I painted a small portion of her photo. Mine looks nothing like the inspiration but I am happy with how it turned out.


The photo had a pink cast in the background and an almost neon green color to the water below. I decided to use those colors and play them up. The Splash painting used yellow ochre for the stone color so I decided to use that also. These colors seemed to work!!

I'm selling this on ebay and have predicted that whoever buys this will return to Rome:)

Marian

(ebay id=meoshaugh)