Sunday, February 1, 2009

La Boca Hand Painted Silk Scarf

La Boca  La Boca
$95.00

Size: 54x8 inches

I painted another scarf this weekend. This one is dark grey with the image of lady in red that I saw posing in La Boca -- Buenos Aires, Argentina. The lady is painted on either end of the scarf and umbrellas are in the middle.

The scarf was supposed to be black but I must not have steamed it long enough so it ended up grey. The charcoal color is softer than a stark black would have been. On both ladies, the mouth gave me the most trouble. The dye ran too much. I think it is funny because 'la boca' means 'mouth' and both mouths are too big. Appropriate??!:)


Note: The image shown is a small subset of the full scarf. > Click here
to go to my website where you can see the three painted sections of the scarf and purchase.




No comments: